Control WATER DAMAGE AND MOLD Problems Early

When water damage and mold in Kennesaw occurs, time is of the essence. While obvious ramifications of the damage might seem to be minimal, long-term effects may turn into severe and costly unless the damage is handled quickly and effectively.

Untreated water damage and mold can lead to hidden mold growth. A surface that looks dry today may show growing dots of discoloration as time passes due to a long-standing water damage and mold issue. Mold can commence growing within 24 to 48 hours and it is often within hidden regions of a structure. Search for mold to grow on practically any surface, including paper, wood, and textiles such as carpet, furniture or drapes. The mold can lead to serious medical issues, including chronic coughs, migraines, difficulty breathing and rashes.

Dry and Wet Rot

Wood subjected to water may eventually commence to decompose or rot. Wood rot, also called house cancer, can create serious structural issues. Areas that are particularly vulnerable to rot due to water damage and mold in Kennesaw include bathroom and kitchen window frames, wood around and under sinks, outdoor decks, or wherever leaks occur. While damage might take years to build up, the longer the rot is left to spread, a lot more invasive and expensive the repairs can be.

Rusting Metal

Continued contact with water generally causes the metal to rust and finally disintegrate. Rust from water damage and mold can create health insurance and safety issues if left to spread, including potential carbon monoxide poisoning when heat exchangers or furnaces crack due to rust. Other damages are available in HVAC units, air vents, and water or oil tanks.

Cost Control

Dealing with water damage and mold early can help control the price and scope of the remediation project. Early remediation could also save from insurance claims that will raise the price tag on insurance over the long term.

If you have water damage and mold in Kennesaw, deal with it immediately. Leaving exposed surfaces untreated, or letting the water become contaminated before cleanup, may create larger and more expensive issues over time.

 

Related Articles

0 Comment